Beim Design geht es nicht nur um das Aussehen des Produkts oder den Effekt, den es macht, wenn man es in der Hand hält. Design ist, wie es funktioniert
Lucidity of expression and the search for simplicity are the key principles: in the work of Christophe Pillet the elegance is optimized. Pillet’s perfect command of sensuality and refinement has made him one of the rare French designers who have gained global recognition designing hotels, boutiques and directing artistic projects in the USA, Great-Britain and Japan. He has won international acclaim for the spectrum and quality of his creations. Architecture, objects, furniture, artistic direction, his signature is invariably associated with the finest brands : Lacoste, Jean-Claude Jitrois, Catherine Malandrino, Lancel, Le Tannneur International… The scope and the variety of his projects share a common attitude, independent of scale. Whether it be as design director for Lacoste, or in long-term collaborations with Driade, Cappellini, Emu, Porro or Serralunga his considered interpretations are a testament to high-voltage chic, distinguished both by its precision and rigor. If a “Pillet style” exists, it is in his ability to crystallize, within a project, the excitement of a proposition.
• Excellence Green Awards – Sustainability awards 2020 | Categoria Real Estate-Design | con il progetto Aquatio – Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa.
• Eurasian Prize 2020 – Russia | Categoria Design | con il progetto Aquatio – Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa.
• BigSEE Tourism Design Award 2020 – Ljubljana, Slovenia | con il progetto Aquatio – Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa.
• OPAL – Outstanding Property Award 2020 – London, UK , Categoria Platinum Interior design con il progetto Aquatio – Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa.
• The 10Th Idea—Tops Award 2020 Shenzhen, Cina, Categoria Hotel Design con il progetto Aquatio – Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa.
• Premio Regula 2019 – 100 progetti italiani Roma, nella Categoria “Interior Design” con il progetto Lords Of Verona per Innovazioni.
• Hotel Property Award 2018 – Finalist Nomination, HotelForum, Monaco, Germania con il progetto Aquatio – Cave Luxury Hotel & Spa.
• Excellence Award 2017, Korea Institute of Interior Design con il progetto Atomic Spa per Palazzo Matteotti, The Dedica Anthology Milano.
• Premio Codega 2016 #lightingdesign , Venezia e AAP- American Architectural Prize 2016 #interior, Los Angeles con il progetto Sarajevo Dreamy Spa.
• Architect Of The Year 2016 | Build Magazine Award
• Best of Houzz Award 2016 – design, per la popolarità dei progetti selezionati dagli oltre 35 milioni di utenti delle community di Houzz.
• Premio 100 Eccellenze Italiane 2015, Montecitorio, Roma. Simone Micheli annoverato tra i 100 illustri personaggi rappresentativi dell’eccellenza del nostro Paese.
• International Hotel e Property Awards 2015, European categories – Hotel over 200 rooms, con progetto di interior design ed illuminotecnico del Barcelò Hotel Milan.
• Iconic Award 2014, Francoforte, categoria “Interior”, organizzato dal German Design Council, con il progetto RubensLuciano New Offices & Showroom, Strà, Venezia.
• Best of Year Honoree 2012 nella categoria “Hospitality” organizzato da Interior Design Magazine, New York, con il progetto Barceló Milan Hotel.
After graduating from the Institute of Applied Arts in Monza, he gained further experience working in the research centre of AF&F, a company specializing in the production of metal furniture for public spaces. This experience helped Pietro Arosio to cristallize and define the design philosophy which he would follow in the future as an industrial designer.
In 1972 he opened his own business, and he began designing kitchens in 1978, work which gained recognition when he won the first Casaviva d’Oro prize in 1983.
Some of his work has been displayed at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and at the Die Sammlung museum of modern art in Munich.
In 1966 he attended the Brighton School of Architecture and from 1969 to 1973 he studied commerce at Hertford University.
In 2004 he changed the brand name to Espacio adding some of the best Italian furniture design brands.
After gaining experience collaborating with several well-known design and architecture studios, since 2001 she has been working autonomously in several different sectors. She opened „Studio DAC“ (Design Architecture Colour) in Milan where she works mostly in Industrial Design and Colour & Texture design, working in close contact with companies to research and develop new materials and chromatic coordination. The project Matrioska was chosen for the Macef Design competition in 2002 which was dedicated to tables;
Graduated in architecture from the Polytechnic of Milan in 1995. Immediately after collaborated as a researcher for the Domus Academy Research Centre and organised research seminars for the Polytechnic of Milan.
Art Institute, Castelmassa (RO), 1958
He began by collaborating as an interior designer on transatlantic liners such as the Andrea Doria, the Guglielmo Marconi, the Raffaelle and the Michelangelo. Afterwards he worked on the planning and design of several school buildings including the interior design. He designed several public spaces and in 1977 he became interested in industrial design, which soon became his primary professional activity.
He works with the most prestigious companies in the sector, bringing together an artistic sensibility with functionality and affordable prices, being both creative and expert in several technologies.